PMA Blending Plant
These highly mobile PMA Blending Plants are built onto a rigid skid-mounted steel frame, rust protected and painted. They are fully assembled and tested, ready for installation and connection to your plant plumbing and electrical system.
Requst a quote
Supraton Colloid Mill
- Maximum capacities of 15, 30 or 50 tonnes per hour
- Hardened steel rotor and stator
- Hydraulically adjustable air-gap
- Mill has jacket that is connected for product heating or cooling
- Mill motor - 3 phase with voltage to suit local power supply
- Pump capacity to suit output
- Jacketed bitumen pump for hot oil or steam heating
- Bitumen pump includes relief valve
- Motor to suit local power supply
- 2", 3" or 4" valving for in-line circulation, with lubricated, heat-jacketed 3-way valves
Optional Oil Additive System
- Pump capacity to suit output
- Variable speed drive controls flow output
- Flow meter w/gallon or liter totalizer
- Non-return (check) valve in-line
Control panel mounted on the frame with following functions
Mill and Pump Control
- Mill start/stop
- Bitumen pump start/stop/speed control
- PMA pump start/stop/speed control
- Polymer auger start/stop/speed control
- Mixer start/stop/speed control
- Solvent pump start/stop/speed control
- PMA Exit Temperature
- Asphalt Temperature
- Asphalt Flow (optional)
- Polymer Flow (optional)
- Solvent Flow (optional)
- Mill Amps
Schematic flow diagram showing all relevant flow and temperatures
All motors are protected with auto fuses
Mill motor electrical soft-start equipped
The system comes complete with plumbing with all flow meters, check valves and temperature gauges installed in the system. All plumbing is flanged for immediate adaptability to your tank farm.
Unit is completely wired and ready for immediate installation.
- Pump sized to provide dosing into bitumen line of 1-10% solvent
- Electric motor and flowmeter/totalizer mounted on the control panel to set flow rates
- Flow Monitoring System uses mass flow sensors on asphalt lines and load cell displays for the polymer
Training and Technology Transfer
VSS Macropaver will furnish the services of a service representative to supervise, assist and instruct the employees of the Purchaser in the start-up and check-out of the equipment furnished by VSS Macropaver for a period not to exceed 3 working days. All transportation (airline, train, car, etc) and living expenses are not included and are the responsibility of the Purchaser.
If the services of a representative are in excess of the time above, these services will be charged to the Purchaser per day plus all traveling expense enroute to and return from the installation site or work location. If the representative is required to work on Saturdays, Sundays, or holidays or for more than eight hours on any day, overtime rates shall be paid at 1.5 times daily rate by the Purchaser.
Purchaser shall furnish the necessary facilities, labor and materials to properly test and start-up the equipment. Purchaser shall furnish the following at the equipment site prior to the arrival of VSS representatives:
- All piping and tank connections completed and tested
- All fuel and/or gas connected in the plant
- All electrical power wiring complete
- All raw materials ready for plant production
- Under normal conditions the installation takes 3 days
- Price for one supervisor during 3 days
VSS can supply a full technology transfer and formulation service. This includes formulation, trouble shooting, development, mix design and raw materials analysis.
Small Maintenance Parts and Tools
This PMA plant configuration does not include Bitumen, Oil Additive, or any other type of finished product or holding tank. Tank farm to be furnished by customer. This unit does NOT contain tanks or external pumps of any kind.
- Complete Plant and Tank farm layout and design
- 2 Million BTU Hot Oil Heater with heat exchanger